Monday, February 27, 2012

St. Patty's Day Banner

This weekend I decided to make a St. Patty's Day Banner to spice up my house for the next little "holiday". 
I do have a Cricut, so it made this little project a little simpler than if I didn't. But you don't have to use the same shapes that I did, play around with it and make it fun. If you don't have a Cricut or some sort of cutting machine, just use scissors or your handy dandy paper cutter.
 I started out with this cute flag design, it ended up being 3"x4". Then the squares I used were 2.5"x2.5". The letters were in Celtic Hand fond and 2" tall. 
 Glue (with a glue stick or with glue dots, whatever you prefer) your letters to the green squares...
 It will look like this...
 Then glue your green squares to your cute patterned paper, but make sure you leave a little extra room at the top for some holes...

 Use whatever tool you have to punch 2 holes at the top of the flags, just enough to stick some string through (I think I went in a half inch and down just a quarter inch).
Then, string all of your pieces, and hang on a mantle, wall or anywhere else you'd like to have spiffed up for St. Patty's Day. 
 This was a super easy craft and only took 1 hour to do. The patterned paper is by Echo Park, but check out your local paper store to see what other cute papers they have (I do recommend cardstock over regular paper). Please follow us on Facebook and upload your pictures so that we can all see your creativeness!! You can also leave us a link to your web pages in the comments below. We would love to hear from all of our blogging friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment