Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy Valentine's Wreath

I was looking through my Martha Stewart Magazine last week and saw this cute wreath they had made out of really cute flowers and they were made with tissue paper! I wasn't sure if I had the patience to make the ENTIRE wreath out of flowers, but I could try a few. So, I followed the instructions....some what. I didn't know what a pom-pom kit was, so, I decided to make my own. I took some pink and red tissue paper and cut it into 6"x6", and 4"x4" squares and layered them 4-6 pieces per flower and accordian folded them (like the fans you would make in grade school). Then I took a piece of floral wire about 6 inches long and wrapped it around the paper and twist and the bottom 4 or 5 times. Then trim the ends in a semi-circle. Like this...
 Then, you open up the fans a little (this is a top view)
 Then layer by layer, pull gently up to the middle of the flower. Like this...
 This is what it will look like when you have done both sides! Cute huh?!
 Then I took an old grapevine wreath I had laying around,
 And attached the flowers to it with the extra wire hanging from the back. Pretty simple and cheap. I didn't have to buy anything, but I think I picked up the tissue at Dollar Tree, and the wreath is from Michael's. This was super fun to learn how to do and it turned out pretty cute too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment