Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brownies to DIE for!!!

So... I guess it is dessert week!!!  I have made these brownies a couple of times.  They were inspired by Cutler's Marshmallow Brownie Cookies.  If you have never had one ummm, you should!  They are very delish and oh so memorable.  I had a recipe for a cream cheese chocolate brownie, there isn't a lot of cream cheese in it but just enough to make the brownie really dense and soft.  I would normally just frost them with chocolate frosting and try not to eat the whole pan by myself.  I decided to put marshmallows on top of the brownies once I pulled them out of the oven, let them melt and then spread the marshmallow goodness around and then top with frosting.  The marshmallows seemed a little bit too chewy for my liking.  Then one day while I was in the baking isle in the grocery story I spotted the solution...Jet Puff Marshmallow Creme!!!  What the what!?!!!  I normally only use this stuff for making fudge, but HELLO...perfect!
The only bad thing is that if you keep your brownies out the marshmallow fluff will ooze out.  I solved the problem by keeping them in the fridge until about 5-10 minutes before you want to eat one.  Cut you a square (I prefer a rectangle, don't judge me please)  and bask in the chocolate marshmallow yummy-ness!!!  
Here is the recipe for the Cream Cheese Brownie:
1 cup butter softened
1 pkg. 3 oz. cream cheese softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder


Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.  Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar ina  large bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add to butter mixture until well blended.  Spread batter into prepared pan.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.  Set on a rack to cool.
Spread marshmallow fluff over the warm brownies.  Wait until completely cooled to frost with chocolate frosting.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment