Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mud Pie

Sorry for my absences.  Trying to sell a house and keep crafting/blogging is harder than I though.  I finally remembered to take photos of a recipe I made.  Hopefully you will all enjoy!  It's perfect for warm nights or cool nights wrapped up in a blanket.
Mud Pie
Crust:
2 rows of Oreo cookies
1/4 cup butter melted
Put the Oreos into a food processor and process until it is fine crumbs.  Stir in melted butter and then press into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.  Then I like to heat up some Hershey's Hot Fudge and pour over top of the crust.

Ice Cream:
We like Mint Chocolate Chip, but you can use whatever kind you like.  Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip, Cookies and Cream, whatever.

Let the ice cream sit out for just a little bit so it will be easy to cut.  Cut the packaging off and then with a large knife cut the ice cream into 1/2 - 1 inch thick slices.  Place on top of the crust.


Then cover with foil or a lid if your pan has one.  Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.  To serve cut into squares and top with whip cream and carmel topping.  Yummy!  

I remember helping my mom make this when I was a little kid.  So many memories!  Hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment