Friday, March 2, 2012

CHICKEN TAQUITOS


I made these last night for dinner, and they were a winner with my family!! I was totally shocked, because I have 2 really picky eaters. One of my boys can make himself throw up sick if he even thinks he is eating something weird (by his standards). The other morning, I teasingly told him I put raisins in his chocolate chip pancakes, and he wouldn't eat them and was gagging. GEEZ!! So, needless to say even Mr. Uber picky ate these. :)

Chicken Taquitos

1 ½-2 cups shredded chicken
1 8oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. salsa Verde
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1 c. grated cheese, any
16 count package fajita sized tortillas
Olive oil spray or regular old Olive oil
Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a medium bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.  Take a tortilla and place 2 or 3 heaping tablespoonful of mixture                 and place off set on tortilla and roll tightly. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Spray with Olive oil spray or brush lightly with Olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt.  Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown.

*We used a ranch dipping sauce for these, but they are good by themselves or would even be good dipped in more Salsa Verde or just regular salsa.

1 comment: