Friday, March 23, 2012

A Birthday Dinner or Breakfast

 Yesterday was my baby's birthday, only he isn't a baby anymore, he turned 5! On my kids' birthday, they get to choose their favorite meal for me to fix. And Sammy chose breakfast. At first he wanted waffles, but then decided that he liked German Pancakes better. Well, this also happens to be my 7 year old's favorite meal as well, so I thought that maybe I should share since the 2 pickiest eaters in my house love these. I was thinking it was just the syrup, but who knows.
German Pancakes
¼ c. butter                                                        1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk                                                         3 eggs
¾ c. flour (unsifted)                                          ¼ tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put butter in 9 inch pie plate (or 8x8 square pan), and put in preheated oven until butter melts and is bubbling and golden (about 5 min).  Add the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Remove pan from oven and immediately pour in mixture all at once. Return to oven and bake for 20 min at 450. After 20 min, lower heat to 350, and bake for 8-10 minutes more until edges are puffed and browned. A well will form in the middle.

Enjoy with maple syrup and powdered sugar!





No comments:

Post a Comment